City of Glendale
“That Small-Town Life”
The Office will be Closed Monday May 31, 2021 in Observance of Memorial Day.
Thank You to everyone who donated, volunteered, and came out and participated in the CCVCA Annual Egg Hunt!! The kids had so much fun!! It wouldn’t be such a success without all the wonderful people in this awesome valley!!
Spring Is Here!!! It is that time of year again when those pesky weeds feel they need to grow and for us to not let them! It is that time to be cutting your grass, weeds, and other vegetation from your property line to the improved roadway. Grass is growing, and fire season is coming, do not forget to mow.
With Summer right around the corner and water usage up this time of year the city office has a few brochures for water saving tips and this website is worth looking at too http://www.home-water-works.org/
Azalea Grange #786 is having a rummage sale on May 15th 9AM-3PM (set up is at 8AM) 142 Pisqually Ln. Sign Up $10 a space inside or outside. Get your space early. Biscuits & Gravy in the morning, BBQ hot dogs and drinks in the afternoon, for a donation.
CCVCA will be having their annual Mother’s Day bake sale this year! May 8th @ 10AM across from Morningstar Coffeehouse. They will be there till they are sold out!
Thank You to everyone that came out and participated in the roadside cleanup on Saturday April 17th! It was all very much appreciated!!
Glendale Community Library is celebrating STEAM Week in May (9-15) with STEM activities for kids. This event is sponsored by a grant from Remake Learning Days and STEM Oregon to promote experiences and education in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. Join us for ‘Wonder Wednesday’ (3:30-5 pm), ‘Framework Friday’ (11:30-1 pm), and ‘Shadows Saturday’ (11:30-1 pm) where we will inquire, design, invent and create! #STEMWeekOR2021 #RemakeDaysOR #RemakeDays
Glendale Community Library will start its fundraiser Plant and Book Sale during the month of May, with our larger sale on Sat, May 22, 10-3 pm. We are selling hanging flower baskets until we run out-come get yours ($20) to help fund the library! PLEASE check out our new website: www.libraryglendale.org for more information on our Summer Reading Program starting in June! Tell us the quote on the ‘Donate Now!’ page and get a free book bag for your library materials! We are still looking for volunteers to help out at the library, so come see us. Open hours: Wed, Fri, Sat – 11-1 pm
May 10- Council Meeting
May 17- Budget Meeting
May 31- Office Closed
JUST A REMINDER: CURRENT UTILITY BILLING SCHEDULE
- Utility Bills are mailed on the 1st
- Payment is Due by the 10th with a grace period until the 20th
- Late Notices will be mailed on the 21st and will include the $20.00 Late Fee incurred if not paid
- Delinquent accounts that have not been paid by the last day of the month will be shut off for non-payment and a $30.00 reconnect fee will be added to the account. The account must be paid in full before service can be restored.
- If payment is received after 4:00 PM, service will be restored the following day, or an After-hours Service Call Charge will be charged at a rate of $12.50 a service call for anyone wanting service returned after 4:00 PM.