City of Glendale
“That Small-Town Life”
The Office will be closed Monday, February 17,2020
Glendale High School is now offering GED classes, located in the GHS library. The next GED orientation will be held February 5,2020 from 9AM-4PM at the High School Library. The cost is $20 per term. For more information call Glendale High School @ (541) 832-1801.
The Glendale Community Library is now supporting the beautiful flower baskets that hang in town, and they need your help. It cost money to get them started, so any donation you can make can be taken to the library or dropped off in their drop box. The flowers are watered and maintained by library volunteers all summer. Thank You!!
Celebration of Literacy “Reading Around the World” will be held during the month of February at all libraries in Douglas County. Each library will focus on a different country, and attendees will receive a free book! Glendale’s country is Colombia and our celebration will be Saturday February 1st at 2:00. Kids will also get a passport that they can get stamped each time they visit a library (including their school library).
The City of Glendale is still looking for budget committee members. Please pick-up an application at City Hall. Must be a registered voter and have lived within City Limits for one year. Deadline is February 29,2020.
Remember to continue to winterize. Prepare with an emergency kit, warm clothes, blankets, flashlights, and non-perishable food. Remember vehicles need winterizing too. Flue fire season is upon us. Make sure you have your chimneys/flues cleaned and checked.
JUST A REMINDER: CURRENT UTILITY BILLING SCHEDULE
- Utility Bills are mailed on the 1st
- Payment is Due by the 10th with a grace period until the 20th
- Late Notices will be mailed on the 21st and will include the $20.00 Late Fee incurred if not paid
- Delinquent accounts that have not been paid by the last day of the month will be shut off for non-payment and a $30.00 reconnect fee will be added to the account. The account must be paid in full before service can be restored.
- If payment is received after 4:00 PM, service will be restored the following day, or an After-hours Service Call Charge will be charged at a rate of $12.50 a service call for anyone wanting service returned after 4:00 PM.