City of Glendale News
Annual Easter Egg Hunt! CCVCA is hosting the annual Easter Egg Hunt. The egg hunt will be taking place at Glendale’s City Park on Saturday April 3,2021 at 1:00 PM. Lots of Fun!! Find the Golden Egg and win a prize!
Spring Is Here!!! It is that time of year again when those pesky weeds feel they need to grow and for us to not let them! It is that time to be cutting your grass, weeds, and other vegetation from your property line to the improved roadway. Grass is growing, and fire season is coming. Do Not forget to mow.
THANK YOU to everyone who donated to our FLOWER BASKETS for the city-we have enough money to purchase eight baskets! READY READERS Book Club is up and running for kids who are TOO OLD for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library (grades K, 1, 2). All you have to do is SIGN UP! Applications are at the library and elementary school.
LIBRARY GIVING DAY is coming up on April 7, 2021 – Please donate to your local library! Glendale Community Library is OPEN Wed, Fri and Sat 11-1 pm.
Before beginning any outdoor digging project, call 811 at least two business days before you dig. Calling 811 will get a professional locator to your site to mark the approximate location of underground utility lines. There is a two-foot tolerance zone on each side of the line, and it is required to hand dig to determine the precise location of the utility in this tolerance zone. This service is free for homeowners. Remember, you may have your own utilities that require a Private Locate request at 811. Knowing where underground utility lines are buried before you dig will help protect you from injury, prevent damages to utilities and service disruptions, and avoid potential fines and repair costs. Underground utility lines can be just about anywhere, so keeping your shovel in the shed or garage and calling 811 first is a smart move (and it’s the law). Every digging job requires a call — even small projects like planting trees and shrubs. The depth of utility lines varies and there may be multiple utility lines in a common area.
Council Meeting April 12- 6PM
Budget Meeting April 19-6PM
JUST A REMINDER: CURRENT UTILITY BILLING SCHEDULE
- Utility Bills are mailed on the 1st
- Payment is Due by the 10th with a grace period until the 20th
- Late Notices will be mailed on the 21st and will include the $20.00 Late Fee incurred if not paid
- Delinquent accounts that have not been paid by the last day of the month will be shut off for non-payment and a $30.00 reconnect fee will be added to the account. The account must be paid in full before service can be restored.
- If payment is received after 4:00 PM, service will be restored the following day, or an After-hours Service Call Charge will be charged at a rate of $12.50 a service call for anyone wanting service returned after 4:00 PM.